I offer private workshops for beginners to yoga, with a maximum of 3 people at a time so that I can give undivided attention that is not possible in a larger group setting. These workshops take place in my home in Bonney Lake, WA.
Please contact me at email@example.com for further information.
- These workshops are perfect for:
- Learning the foundations of yoga before attending group yoga classes at a studio or gym
- Tailoring your lessons toward a specific goal: Strength, flexibility, balance, etc.
- Understanding how to modify yoga poses while healing from injury or for a medical condition
- Assists, modifications, and feedback that are not possible in a large group setting
Level 1 Beginner Yoga workshops are designed to introduce pure beginners to the basics of yoga. We will learn what yoga is and the ways it can be of benefit to daily life. The bulk of the workshop will cover the foundational poses of yoga, safe alignment of those poses, and how to modify or adjust them to fit your unique body and ability. I provide you with printouts of these yoga poses with clear instructions so that you can practice at home. Mats and props will be provided for the workshop.
We will explore the anatomy and physiology of yoga a bit further. We will briefly review the foundational poses learned in Level 1, and then learn how to string them together into yoga flows. When you have finished Level 1 and Level 2, you will have the fundamental knowledge to take your yoga practice into a group class setting, or have the option to continue with private lessons. Printouts of these yoga flows will be provided for you to practice at home.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your beginner yoga workshop.
Before we begin: We’ll go over the questions below so I can get to know you and what your yoga needs and goals are.
I will also ask you to sign a Waiver and Release Form.
1. What are your goals for private yoga lessons? Examples: Flexibility, strengthening, core strength, just for fun, balance, recovering from injury, etc.
2. Do you have any injuries or conditions that I should know about before beginning a yoga practice?
3. How often do you exercise? Do you sit or stand for long periods of time? Do you spend a lot of time driving, texting, or working at a computer?