Serving the Bonney Lake – Sumner – Lake Tapps – Lakeland Hills area in WA
I offer private 1-on-1 yoga lessons
in the privacy of your home or in my home yoga studio.
My yoga philosophy: I believe that yoga is adaptable for every body. You don’t have to be flexible or strong to practice yoga; those are goals to work toward, but are not necessary. Yoga is a very individual practice because we are all unique. Every person has different strengths and limitations, anatomy, life history, and goals. As a private yoga teacher, I am your guide in helping you understand what works and what doesn’t work for you personally. I offer adaptations and modifications for yoga poses depending on where you are in your personal yoga practice.
Private yoga lessons are perfect for:
- Learning the foundations of yoga before attending group yoga classes at a studio or gym
- People with busy schedules
- Individual attention in a private setting
- Tailoring your lessons toward a specific goal
- Learning how to modify a yoga practice while healing from injury
- Assists, modifications, and feedback that are not possible in a large group setting
A little bit about me: I started my yoga journey as a way to balance out my love of hiking as well as a part time desk job. I quickly realized that yoga helped me in ways I had never dreamed of! When I found out 3 years ago that I have some uncommon spine defects, I was offered 2 choices: a lumbar fusion surgery, or commit to make yoga practice a daily priority. I chose yoga. I am proof that yoga can be life-changing in incredible ways. It allows me to keep doing the things that I love to do while managing orthopedic issues and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
My yoga training and experience: I have been practicing yoga for many years. I completed 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training in 2018 with Uplifted Yoga, and then obtained an additional certification in Yin Yoga. I am currently in an advanced 300-hour Yoga Teacher Training with Uplifted Yoga.
Before we begin: We’ll schedule a short introductory phone call so that we can get to know each other. We’ll go over the questions below so I can find out what your yoga needs and goals are. This will help me to tailor yoga lessons specifically to your unique body and lifestyle. I will also ask you to sign a Waiver and Release Form.
- What are your personal goals for private yoga lessons? Examples: Beginner yoga, flexibility, general strengthening, core strength, just for fun, recovering from injury, learning pose modifications, etc.
- Do you have any injuries or conditions that I should know about before beginning a yoga practice?
- How often do you exercise? Do you sit or stand for long periods of time? Do you spend a lot of time driving, texting, or working at a computer?
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the “Contact” button with any questions.
Benefits of Yoga:
Builds muscle strength
Protects your spine
Increases blood flow
Promotes a healthy lifestyle
Helps you focus
Maintains your nervous system
Releases tension in your limbs
Helps you sleep deeper
Gives lungs room to breathe
Builds body awareness
Supports connective tissue